Every writer needs a little direction, inspiration, and chocolate. Amiright?
Hello Writer is a monthly subscription program for people who are craving encouragement, structure and community to give their writing fuel. Maybe you used to write all the time, but the spark is getting lost in the sway of your busy life. Maybe you’re working on a project that’s gotten unwieldy and intimidating. Maybe you know you have magic in you, but you have no idea how to bring it out. Welcome. We’ve designed this for you.
Each month, you’ll receive a beautiful, colourful package in your mailbox packed with:
You’ll get two fun, easy projects, each in their own sealed envelope. These are bite-sized and expandable — you can do them in 10 minutes or you can work on them all month long. They’ll also be FUN — you’ll be cutting things up, incorporating random objects into stories, writing to people.
You’ll also get a delicious writerly writer’s self-care assignment each month, to bring your body and heart into the process of creation.
This is the most important part, no? Writing is hard and treats are important! Every month you’ll get a small dark chocolate with a quote about writing, made by our beautiful neighbours at Soul Chocolate. Their chocolate is dark, organic, they pay the farmers better than fair-trade wages, it comes in compostable wrappers. What could be better than that?
Truth is, you are a writer. This pack will lead you back to that sweet truth, over and over, with joy and thought and fun, every month.
What People Are Saying
Begin Your Subscription
Join whenever you choose. If you ask us, today is a great day… but you’re in control. If you sign up before the last day of the month, you’ll get the following month’s package.
Who It's For
This subscription service is designed for people who:
- Have an longing to write that often goes under-served, even unnoticed
- Sometimes (or always) need a little direction to get their pens moving
- Want to feel like they’re part of a writing community, but don’t have time to show up at poetry readings and book launches every week
- Have a great appreciation for beauty, care, loving details and dark chocolate
- Miss the feeling of looking at their mailbox with joyful anticipation
- Long to reconnect to the joy and power of their own writing, their own vision, their own truth
- Find it hard to carve out huge stretches of time, but still want to keep their creative voices alive and active
- Want to have fun with writing again — to be spontaneous, light, curious and tuned to wonder
This subscription service won't try to give you:
- Critique on your writing. We’ll publish two pieces each month with comments on what makes them so awesome (you’re welcome to submit your work) but we don’t respond to every piece that comes in.
- Direction on how to make it through a big project. We do that personal and complex stuff in workshops and through coaching.
- Rules and how-to’s — you’re smarter than the rules, and your writing improves when you write.
- Help writing things you don’t want to write. You’re unlikely to get your end-of-year report done with the help of these packs. But you never know, a little inspiration can take you to unexpected places.